Saturday, August 3, 2013

Adventures at the DMV


We started thinking that it might be a good idea to get the ball rolling on transferring the title. We knew it might be tricky because 1) The title says it's a homemade trailer 2) The owner we bought the trailer from had never transferred the title to his name and 3) The trailer had two VIN #'s.  Apparently, the PO couldn't find the one on the tongue of the trailer, so he had the state of Colorado issue a new one, which we found on a plaque on the tongue.   

A rubbing of the real (original) VIN
 
 
The Colorado "Assigned" VIN
 

 
 
Luckily, the transfer went smoothly,  We decided to leave it as a homemade trailer and deal with that later.  Let's not tempt fate!  Remember Sheldon at the DMV? 
 
"Look at that sign up there. Does it say I give a damn?" 
NO!
 


1 comment:

  1. I love this, I had quite a bit of trouble registering mine and transferring the title, so this made me laugh. I'm glad you had a better experience than I did. haha

    ReplyDelete